Main Page >>
Areas >> Computer and Technology Law, IT Law and Legal
Technology, IT Law and Legal IT
Computers and the Internet are important parts of everyday modern life.
However, computers also pose legal problems that were
unfathomable only a few years ago. The areas of
computer and technology law, IT law and Legal IT are slowly starting to evolve.
IT law and legal IT are unique because it encompasses many other areas of
the law such as contract law, intellectual property, trade
secrets, product liability, warranties and professional
liability of developers. Whether you are developing
software or trying to conform your technology to various
regulations, we can help!
If you are looking for a lawyer to help your business or
computer legal matters, IT law matters or legal IT matters, you have come to the right place!
Nicholas Proy holds numerous computer and IT certifications from
CompTIA and Microsoft, and
even has prior experience as a network administrator.
He understands the practical, legal and technical aspects of
computer law to efficiently handle your case.
Common Computer and Technology and Legal IT Mistakes:
(1) Many individuals fail to properly
draft their license agreements, which could have unintended
consequences if the license is ever challenged.
(2) Maryland is one of a very few states
that has enacted the Uniform Computer Information
Transactions Act (UCITA). Maryland software
developers need to be aware of the implications of this
law while writing their software licenses.
(3) Not hiring a computer technology
lawyer. A computer technology lawyer is a "must have"
for anyone who is seeking help with a legal IT or IT law
The Proy Law Firm can help you with the following
computer law issues:
- Computer Contracts
- Computer Service/Technician Contracts
- Digital Millennium Copyright Act
- End-User License Agreements
- Health Insurance Portability and
Accountability Act (HIPAA) Compliance
- Hosted Application Agreements
- Non-Compete Agreements
- Non-Solicitation Agreements
- Software Development Agreements
- Software Licenses
Uniform Computer Information Transactions Act (UCITA)
- The Uniform Electronic Transactions
- Web Development Agreements
- Web Hosting Agreements
Mr. Proy's Computer
- CompTIA A+
- CompTIA Network+
- CompTIA Security+
- CompTIA Server+
- Microsoft Certified Desktop Support
- Microsoft Certified Professional
- Microsoft Certified Technology